Whether you're considering different job offers or different career paths altogether, the best decision you can make is one that's anchored in your needs, values, goals, interests, and the life you want to live.
With several options on the table, you may not be sure how to proceed, or you want to double check your gut instincts so you feel good about your decision. You may be asking yourself...
- Should I stay in my current role, make a lateral move to another team, or go somewhere else altogether?
- Do I join the company with the most most well-developed team, the pre-IPO startup focused on an interesting problem space, or go for the biggest paycheck to maintain financial stability?
- Would I do well as a manager, or does it make sense to continue with my current specialty and go for a promotion?
- Do I go back to school for an advanced degree, or go live in the desert for a year?
Make your career decisions with confidence.
We all want to be satisfied and fulfilled with our lives and at work, and we're all driven by different motivators and values. It's so important to get out of our heads, test our assumptions, and do our due diligence when making choices that will change the course of our very lives.
This three-piece framework and template will walk through the process of articulating exactly what you're looking for and using that information to assess the options on the table.
What do I get?
- An in-depth, reflective exercise that will help you explore and identify your core values so you can define what they look like in practice and design your list of criteria for evaluating career options.
- A comprehensive list of 70+ items to consider when deciding whether or not to apply for a job, proceed through the interview process, accept an offer, leave or stay in your current role, decide between offers, or negotiate your compensation.
- A customizable Google sheets template with step-by-step instructions for gathering and analyzing data for your decision process.
- 3 examples from real UX professionals who have used this tool to work through several possibilities and identify the best path forward based on their vision and core values, and what they know they need to be content in life and at work.
- After purchase, you will receive instructions and links to download the materials.